Thursday, February 11, 2010

Party of 'No'...and Proud

What the president and the majority of Democrats refuse to believe is that relinquishing core values is not good leadership either.

It's time for conservatives to embrace their refusal to bend on basic beliefs. And it's time for liberals to understand that a refusal to accommodate is not simply to impede ideologically, but rather to stand firm fundamentally.

Here are the "no" answers conservatives need to continue upholding:

No, I do not want to pay more in taxes for inefficient, bureaucratic, behemoth agencies and legislation.

No, I do not want my hard-earned money going to people who cannot or will not work as hard as I do. If I want to help those people, I'll do so voluntarily.

No, I will not support a budget in which we are spending more than we are collecting.

No, I do not approve of selecting certain companies to bail out when they have financial troubles. No business is too big to fail.

No, I do not want to diminish the power of business and industry by stifling their productivity and job-creating capabilities by taxing the very entities upon which the majority of Americans rely. Not all of us can earn six figures while sitting comfortably in a congressional chamber three days a week.

No, I do not want government regulating something as vague as "climate change," or any other highly disputed natural occurrence.

No, I do not want us to curb our natural resource exploration for the sake of the environmentalist lobbies. We need to find and utilize more reserves of oil, coal, and natural gas.

No, I do not want the government telling me how or where to educate my child.

No, I do not want the government involved in my personal health care. I can take care of myself. And I will take care of family and friends who need health assistance.

No, I do not support killing fetuses, regardless of their stage of development. If we are not allowed life, then liberty and the pursuit of happiness are meaningless.

No, I do not support the destruction of fetuses for scientific research, no matter how important a potential discovery may be.

No, I do not want illegal aliens absorbing resources and influencing legislation designed for American citizens. Everyone is welcome in our home; just come in the front door.

No, I do not want dictatorships to possess nuclear weapons.

No, I do not want terrorists tried in American courtrooms with the rights of American citizens.

No, I do not want al-Queda, Osama bin Laden, the Taliban, or other actual or potential terrorist organizations to strike American citizens, American soil, or American allies ever again. Therefore, they need to be killed as quickly as possible.
Read the full American Thinker article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment