Thursday, February 25, 2010

Daily Light - Thursday 2/25/2010

Many years ago, while going through a divorce, I met a young lady who, seeing my depressed mood, led me to a two day seminar called "The Forum". That experience with a few of the follow-up workshops, helped to get me through those trying times. One thing I remember about the seminar is an exercise, which the Rev. Norman Vincent Peale would have called "The Power of Positive Thinking". I would drive into NYC from NJ and when I got to the Pulaski Skyway, I would envision a parking space opening up right there on Charles Street in the Village. More often than not, rather than the norm of circling the area for a half hour and finding a space blocks away, I would find that space opening up near my destination if not right in front. I became a believer.

Just finished a book on my new Kindle and noticed a book on my bookshelf that I had read a number of years ago. The book, which I am re-reading now, reminds me of that training long ago. It is called "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne. Channel the positive universe through you and you will succeed beyond all expectations.

Watching Glenn Beck describing The Kondratiev Wave effect of the free market and the disastrous effects of government trying to smooth out the highs and lows. The economy of the world must be left free to move up and down in cycles, self correction, without governments' intervention.

Waiting to see what kind of booby trap Obama has in store for Republicans as they confer on ObamaCare.

No comments:

Post a Comment