Saturday, May 1, 2010

Report: SKorea warned of NKorean submarine attack

We all suspected the sinking of the South Korean vessel was at the hands of the North Koreans since they are technically at war. What is interesting about this NBC report is the info regarding the suicide subs. Another article that just surfaced from the EUTimes, a Russian internet news source, attributes the oil rig explosion south of Louisiana to these same subs. Many believe, as I do, that this report is a hoax, but who knows? Kim Jong il is certifiable.

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - Military intelligence officers warned earlier this year that North Korea was preparing a suicide submarine attack on a South Korean vessel in retaliation for an earlier defeat in a sea battle, a newspaper said Thursday.

There has been growing speculation that North Korea was behind the March 26 explosion that split the 1,200-ton Cheonan in two and sank it, killing at least 39 people and leaving seven missing.

On Thursday, the mass-circulation Chosun Ilbo newspaper reported the Korea Defense Intelligence Command alerted the navy weeks ahead of the ship sinking that North Korea was preparing underwater suicide teams in mini-submarines to attack the South.

These "human torpedo" squads were said to involve small submarines navigated so close to the target that their torpedoes or explosives blow up both target and the attackers, or are timed to explode while the attackers escape from the vehicle, the report said.

The attack preparations were aimed at retaliating against the South over its defeat in a naval skirmish in November, the paper said. The site of the sinking is near where the rival Koreas fought three times since 1999, most recently a November clash that leftone North Korean soldier dead and three others injured.
Read full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment