Friday, April 30, 2010

May Day, May Day By Robin of Berkeley - A Comedic Twist

Excerpt: As you can imagine, IWD is a popular day around these parts. In fact, it's an official city holiday. Along with Malcolm X's Birthday, Indigenous People's Day, and International Women's Day, the school kiddies and the city rank and file get the day off. Even some popular places, like Berkeley's Cheese Board Collective, close in observance.

I considered it a great honor to celebrate May Day, which represents all things Marxist. My deep and exhaustive knowledge of Communism was limited to the movies, for instance, "The Motorcycle Diaries," and "Reds." Warren Beattie and Diane Keaton appeared so courageous and passionate in "Reds," and the guy playing Che was hecka hot. Anyway, Hollywood wouldn't mislead us, would they?

Consequently, I was deeply disturbed when the Soviets failed and the former Republics embraced the big and bad capitalism. Luckily, I could still wax rhapsodic about Cuba, and dream of someday visiting that utopia. Since I'm playing True Confessions here: I even drove my car out of my way to fill up with Citgo, the gasoline from Venezuela.

What can I say? I was an idiot.


Which brings me to today's May Day celebration, a unique one, because the Left is now showcasing illegal aliens. While at one point I would have vehemently defended their "right" to be here, no more. Now I wonder why we should be welcoming with open arms people who are doing something illegal. Don't we have enough deceitful people in this country without importing more?

The Left plans to use the day to demonstrate the worth and value of illegals. To do this, both illegals and legals have threatened violent protests. There's nothing like ransacking stores and setting cars on fire to win over the country's hearts and minds!
Read full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment