Saturday, October 16, 2010

Michelle Malkin: Why I'm Not Giving To The Chamber Of Commerce

Why I’m not donating to the Chamber of Commerce
by Michelle Malkin on Friday, October 15, 2010 at 11:01am

I blasted the White House thug tactics against the U.S. Chamber of Commerce again in my column today — and made the point that the Left’s donor suppression effort is about much more than just the Chamber of Commerce.

Unfortunately, some are getting carried away with lionizing the Chamber.

My Fox News colleague Glenn Beck yesterday urged his radio listeners to participate in the “largest fundraiser for the Chamber.” Several readers wanted me to join in.

Sorry, but I can’t think of a more perfect illustration of that old saying that “the enemy of your enemy is not always your friend.”

If you have followed this blog over the years, you know I have opposed illegal alien amnesty in all forms, opposed the bipartisan TARP bailout from day one, opposed the bipartisan auto bailout from day one, and opposed the Obama stimulus from day one.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is one of the staunchest promoters of amnesty and joined with the AFL-CIO/ACLU to oppose immigration enforcement measures. They oppose E-verify and sued Arizona over its employer sanctions law.

The Chamber supported TARP, the auto bailout, and the stimulus.

The Chamber is supporting a pro-Obamacare, pro-TARP, pro-card check, pro-stimulus, pro-amnesty Democrat in Arizona over his free-market GOP challenger.

For the same reason that I generally advise folks to contribute to individual causes and candidates and local charities and organizations instead of Washington-based entities, I recommend that you think twice and hard before hopping on the heat-of-the-moment bandwagon and filling the national Chamber’s coffers.

A little due diligence now will prevent donor remorse later.
***

No comments:

Post a Comment