Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Gov. Sarah Palin

There is a lot of speculation going around about the future of Gov. Sarah Palin. Some believe she is fed up with politics and wants to retreat to a more comfortable life; others, myself included, believe she wants to make a difference and bring reason and integrity onto the national political stage.

Ronald Reagan took some time off to extend his knowledge base and build a cadre of workers for his run for President. I think Sarah is taking a page from Reagan's book and getting herself ready to "go for it in 2012".

Right now, I don't think she is qualified to be President, but is probably more qualified than Obama. What I like about Palin is the way she goes after all who she feels are doing the citizenry harm, Democrat, Independent and Republican alike. After all, eight Republican Congressmen voted for that strange Cap & Trade (ACES) bill last week. Shouldn't they be without a job next election?

Another idea I have is that Palin is not satisfied with the status quo in the Republican party. I've been a Republican all my life, but my views are more Libertarian and the Republican party has drifted too far left. I believe Palin wants to put more common sense into the party and give Conservatives a comfortable home.

That be said, the following article by Charlie Cook sets forth what needs to be done for Palin to be a viable candidate in 2012.

Palin's Move: Totally Reasonable

No comments:

Post a Comment